I found this recipe to be quite simple to prepare, and I even unintentionally left out the coconut oil. However, the end result was still delicious. Based on my experience, I believe that the coconut oil is not essential since the butternut squash already has a naturally smooth texture.
This brownie is free of added sugar, suitable for vegans, rich in fiber, and has fewer calories compared to regular brownies. However, I assure you that its taste is just as delicious, if not even better.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 200g of Date Butter Brownie Style (1 jar)
- 1 Small Butternut Squash
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
- To prepare the dish, begin by filling the bottom of a 10 x 10 cm dish with Date Butter Brownie Style. Use the back of a spoon to press it down evenly.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator for an hour.
- While it chills, cut the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Microwave the squash for 10 minutes at 600W until it's tender, then scrape the flesh into a bowl.
- Using a fork, mix the pumpkin flesh with vanilla extract until smooth.
- Retrieve the dish of Date Butter from the refrigerator and spread the pumpkin mixture on top.
- Allow it to cool for an hour before serving.