Generous Brioche with Hazelnut Butter, Blueberries, and Granola: A Treat for Breakfast or Dessert!
When it comes to enjoying a meal that's both indulgent and satisfying, nothing can beat this simple yet incredibly flavorful brioche recipe.
This toast takes the humble brioche slice, slathers it with rich hazelnut butter, tops it with juicy, warm blueberries, and crowns it all with a sprinkling of crunchy Granola Walnut & Chocolate.
Trust me, whether it's for breakfast or tea, this dish is an absolute winner.
So, let's get cooking!
- 4 slices of brioche bread
- 4 tablespoons of Hazelnut Butter
- 100g of fresh blueberries
- 20g of Granola Walnut & Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Begin by lightly toasting your slices of brioche bread. Melt butter on a pan and toast the slices of brioches on both sides until they are golden. Aim for a beautiful golden hue and a slightly crisp exterior while ensuring the inside remains soft and fluffy.
- As your brioche toasts to perfection, place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add your fresh blueberries to the pan and warm them up until they start to burst and release their juice. This should take around five minutes. If you fancy a touch of additional sweetness, a spoonful of honey or maple syrup blended into the warming blueberries works wonders.
- Spread on each toasted slice with a generous layer of pure hazelnut butter. If you're as big a nut butter fan as I am, don't hesitate to lay it on thick!
- Spoon your hot, juice-infused blueberries over the top of everything. Don't miss out on the drizzling blueberry juice – it's liquid gold in terms of flavour!
- Next comes the Granola. Sprinkle it over the hazelnut butter, creating a delightful contrast with the sweet, salty nut butter and the tangy blueberries. The hint of chocolate in the Granola Walnut & Chocolate adds a subtle indulgent touch.
- Finish off your brioche slices with a tiny pinch of salt each. This simple addition balances the sweetness and brings all the flavors harmoniously together.
Voila! You've just created a masterpiece. This delicious French Toast with hazelnut butter, hot blueberries, and granola is anything but ordinary.
Enjoy this generous treat for breakfast or as a delightful dessert – or dare I say it, why not both?